Sunday, September 16, 2007

521 1/2 Standard Street

I managed to build a dog house for Kali with a single 4'x8' sheet of plywood and a couple 8-foot 2x4's. I used a modified plan from the Wood Zone. I forgot to double-check the measurements before I went to Home Depot and realized the house would be too small her. So I did what any cheap miser would do: I modified the plan so that I could build a house without buying any extra wood. Kali has to do without an awning over her porch, but that's OK because she was never expecting one.

She's got about 34"x19" of sleeping area, plus a foot-long porch; sadly, not a whole lot smaller than our house. Hardware included it only put us back about $25, and should be just fine for a 40 lb. dog in L.A.

Once I was done with it, all it needed was a lady's touch. So Judie picked up some deck stain and turned that plywood shack into a beautiful Redwood chateau.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job, Mike and Judie! I'd suggest some more ventilation slots so the doghouse won't be too hot.

Unknown said...

Mike & Judie, the dog house looks great, I never expected you two be such good builders! Good Job :)

Conney

InBetweenMolecules said...

That's awesome! If the dog house is any indication, I can't wait to see what your house will look like after the remodel.

=w=